25 August 2010

Underworld - Barking

Underworld's eighth studio album Barking comes out next month. The artwork - presumably by co-conspirators Tomato - is something of a departure. Especially given how their last long-player, Oblivion With Bells, was packaged in a moody looking monochromatic sleeve that appeared directly linked to the Xerox-like typographical montage created for, breakthrough album, Dubnobasswithmyheadman.

This one isn't mentioned on Tomato's site so I'm not sure what the concept is behind it. I've spotted the QR code amongst the chaos [it was also featured on, single, 'Scribble'] so wonder if it's some sort of comment on technology. Although I also think that I can see a black handprint here too - which I suppose would link the collage to Dubnobass...

It's not exactly my favourite Underworld cover ever. (That would probably be the inky one for the still brilliantly named Second Toughest in the Infants.)

Anyway, it's also coming out as a deluxe 10" edition with CD, DVD and a 32 page booklet.


No comments:

Post a Comment